“We were both in the mindset of, ‘let’s create our lives. Let’s not be victims. Let’s not suffer and work any jobs we hate.’” – Andy Walker
Move aside Kimye (Kim + Kanye), here comes Kandy (Kay + Andy). This power team runs a digital marketing agency, a tropical fruit company, a warehouse manuals business, and among numerous other things, a book writing operation from home, where they can usually be found working in their pajamas.
The Kandy Life is an approach to living that happens when two entrepreneurial-minded individuals team up in love and business and decide life will be on their terms. Together, they run a household and build a life where each person is passionate about what they do, and where they both have time freedom, creative autonomy, and control of their financial destiny. As a team, they support each other to realize both personal and shared dreams. They build a life beyond what they each could alone.
Episode 1 explores Kay and Andy’s origin story and prepares you for what you will learn listening to The Kandy Life podcast.
- 1.26: What it’s like to live the Kandy Life. And how the couple agrees that one major benefit is working from home in your boxers.
- 2.55: Running automated income streams and service-based businesses under one roof. The various businesses Kay and Andy run today and how they got here
- 7:09: The Kandy love story. Find out how Kay and Andy became Kandy, and how the unique environment where they met has massively contributed to their success in business and love
- 10:24: The cornerstone belief that shapes the Kandy Life approach
- 12:15: How to pivot from a 9-5 job to running your own business. Kay’s transition from a successful event planner working for a company to a self-employed copywriter
- 14:37: The critical skills you need most today to step out on your own
- 16:03: Why to be skills-focused when pivoting
- 23:47: Kandy’s dream for listeners of this podcast
- 24:46: The game-changing key to any business’ success. And the element other business podcasts are missing that you’ll get here
- 26:10: Why the name ‘The Kandy Life’?
Follow us on Instagram @kandylifepodcast