Are you listening, watching, paying close attention, to the signals your business is sending you about what’s working/not working?
Business success is about tracking your business so you uncover what works and what doesn’t. If you pay close attention it’s easy to find success. It’s easier to find the right target demographic. It’s also a lot easier to make revenue fast!
So this week, Andy and Kay are talking about how to pay attention to the signals your business is sending you. You’ll also hear some interesting personal stories on the topic. The case studies range from a baby cream product to a tropical fruit business, how to sell information products, and how to build your platform if you’re an industry expert.
Episode 13 – Are You Tuning Into Your Business Signals?
- 0:31 – Call for other Kandy Life experts! Do you run your own business and have a brilliant strategy or success story to share? Or, do you have a business dilemma that you’d like some coaching on? Or, are you in business with your partner and you’d love to share your triumphs and fails? Andy and Kay would love to have you as a guest on The Kandy Life podcast. To inquire, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1:29 – Listening for the signal. On today’s show, we’re talking about how to know if you’re on the right track when you have a product or service you want to sell.
- 3:32 – The story of Baby Butter. Learn how to follow the signal by doing what Andy and Kay did early on when they tried to sell cream to treat baby acne and it flopped. The failure led to a critical business lesson.
- 7:06 – A good idea that meets demand will sell almost right away. Remember this. Tweak your strategy. Try a few different ways to sell but if there is no early sign of success you might be trying to bring a product or service to the world that no one wants to buy
- 8:16 – How to know when you get a ‘beep‘. And how to get more. Are you listening for the beeps?
- 10:20 – Are you talking to your audience? Andy shares a failure-to-success story about selling warehouse manuals.
- 12:48 – The ‘throw smart shit at wall’ approach. How to know if the content you’re putting out is what your market truly wants. Perhaps, you think you know, but really, you have no idea!
- 20:21 – Another example of the ‘throw smart shit at the wall’ approach. How Andy used the ‘throw smart shit at the wall’ approach to build a web property that made him $80,000 CDN per year in the early days of the Internet.
- 24:23 – How to apply the ‘follow the signal rule’ to your business.
- 27:45 – How not to be a starving artist
For the latest updates. Follow us on Instagram @kandylifepodcast
Want to be a guest on the Kandy Life podcast? Andy and Kay want to hear from you! Come on the show and share your knowledge, get business/mindset advice and promote what you’re up to. We are seeking both wantrepreneurs and entrepreneurs in all types of niches, as well as, couples who are in business together. Email email@example.com.
This episode features Kay’s You Are Awesome video. Click to watch it and subscribe to her Youtube channel. She’ll be revamping the channel and adding new similar videos later this week.